Saturday 1 June 2013

Chilling in Provence

 
Quite literally chilling, as it happens: the sun may be shining but it's unseasonably - unreasonably - cold here! At Apt market this morning, the locals were in their coats, muttering darkly. "Ce n'est pas normale..." "Bientot, l'hiver..."
 
We British are made of sterner stuff. After all, at least we can see the sun, which has been elusive on our northern isle so far this year. The Aptois warmed to our optimism in choosing an outside table for a morning coffee, and the stallholder from whom I bought a flimsy white shirt came close to a gruff embrace.
 
 

Best purchase was definitely the jumper, though. A pinky-grey confection with sparkles (very a la mode here) with all-important long sleeves. Not only will I blend in with my surroundings but I will be warm at last...

 

4 comments:

Harvee said...

Looks like a nice homemade sweater, just the right lavender color. I'm reading a memoir, Ten Trees and a Truffle Dog about a couple who built a house on truffle land in Provence. Good, so far.

Deborah Lawrenson said...

Hi Harvee - that book by Jamie Ivey is a lovely read. He's very good on Provence life. I really enjoyed his books about wine and French markets.

Muriel said...

I have to admit that you do have a point here: when it is chilling in Provence, well, it is what we call a sunny day in London. I am off to St Tropez this week and I am very excited too. Maybe, after all, I am homesick?

Sara Louise said...

It is funny, because if it's 17 degrees in Dublin, I think it's roasting, but here 17 feels chilly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...